1. DE-SIGNZ is the trading name of Chris Conway.
“Goods” means the articles or things described in the contract between DE-SIGNZ and the purchaser.
2. These conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated in all contracts of DE-SIGNZ to sell goods and in the case of any inconsistency with any order or form of contract sent by the purchaser to DE-SIGNZ whatever may be their respective dates the provision of these Conditions shall prevail unless expressly varied in writing and signed by a director on behalf of DE-SIGNZ.
3. Notwithstanding that DE-SIGNZ may have given a detailed quotation no order shall be binding on DE-SIGNZ unless and until it has been accepted in writing by DE-SIGNZ.
4. Any times or dates given for completion or delivery of goods shall be binding on DE-SIGNZ, insofar as DE-SIGNZ undertake to carry out additional work for the purchaser to the value of the print element of any goods not supplied on time. Such liability shall not extend to delays beyond the control of DE-SIGNZ including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing defects in files or omissions of information delays in approval of proofs and non-performance of carriers.
5. By their nature goods do not have a redeemable value and no refunds or credits for goods correctly supplied will be entertained. Any orders subsequently cancelled before production, but after proofing, will be subject to an administrative fee of 20% of the order value.
6. All goods shall be paid for at the time of order.
6.1 No goods shall be despatched or collection allowed until paid for in full.
6.2 All prices are exclusive of Value Added Tax, where appropriate, and this will be charged at the appropriate rate.
7. Any shortcomings or defects in goods supplied must be notified to DE-SIGNZ within 3 days of delivery. Such goods must be returned to DE-SIGNZ for inspection. Where goods have been incorrectly supplied, or there is a manufacturing defect, DE-SIGNZ will supply a re-run, or provide a full refund within 7 working days of receiving 100 samples of the defective print.
7.1 Nothing herein shall impose any liability upon DE-SIGNZ in respect of any defect in the goods arising out of the acts, omissions, negligence or default of the Purchaser, its servants or agents including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing handling and storage of the goods.
7.2 Nothing herein shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the liability of DE-SIGNZ:
A). For death or personal injury resulting from its negligence insofar as the same is prohibited by U.K. statute, or;
B). Under sections 12, 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to a purchaser who is dealing with a customer (as defined by section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977).
8. DE-SIGNZ shall not be liable for any costs, claims or damage arising out of any act of tort or omission or breach of contract or statutory duty calculated by reference to profits, income production or accruals or loss of such profits, income production or accruals or by reference to accrual of such, claim, damages or expenses on a time basis.
9. The liability of DE-SIGNZ to the purchaser for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods.
10. If the purchaser shall be in breach of any of their obligations under the contract DE-SIGNZ may (without prejudice to DE-SIGNZs rights subsequently to determine the contract for the same cause should it so decide) suspend further deliveries of goods without notice until any defaults by the purchaser are remedied.
11. No statement, description, information, warranty or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the agents or employees of DE-SIGNZ shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way these conditions.
12. Any concessions made or latitude allowed by DE-SIGNZ to the purchaser shall not affect the strict rights of DE-SIGNZ under the contract. If in any particular case any of these conditions shall be held to be invalid or shall not apply to the contract the other conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
13. Upon sight of artwork and at its sole discretion DE-SIGNZ reserve the right to decline to print any item it deems to be inappropriate. Any payments made for work rejected by reason of this clause will be refunded in full.
14. The contract shall in all respects be governed by English law and shall be deemed to have been made in England and the purchaser and DE-SIGNZ agree to submit to nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. Any print promotion offered by DE-SIGNZ applies to our standard product range only and not bespoke product requests or orders.
16. Any order which is received where the option ‘File Preparation’ has been selected as “My file is print ready – send direct to print” is printed at the customer’s own risk. The uploaded artwork files will be printed without prepress checks. Any manufacturing faults are, of course, covered by our quality guarantee, however any printing errors which have been caused by incorrectly formatted, or prepared artwork files is not our responsibility and no reprint or credit can be offered in these circumstances. If you are not 100% certain your file is 100% press compatible – select the “Please make my file print ready (inc. PDF proof)” which guarantees your file’s compatibility. Under no circumstances, where you have supplied your own artwork, does DE-SIGNZ accept liability for any spelling or grammatical errors.
17. Where DE-SIGNZ is contracted to supply artwork, our designers will follow your design brief. If you are not satisfied with the initial result, we will refund the design element of your order in full at your request. Copyright belongs to DE-SIGNZ until the design is signed off and has been paid for. DE-SIGNZ retains copyright in the event that a refund is requested. Refunds will not be entertained where your initial instructions have been followed and subsequently changed.
18. DE-SIGNZ does not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
19. Under no circumstances, in the event of a delayed delivery, can a refund for the printed part of the job be considered.
If you have any questions, Please do not hesitate to Contact us.